|Local Infrastructure:|| construction.htm
index.htm nfoCentrale Construction Structure (this page)
|Immediate Content:|| default.htm
Site Entrance Home Page
nfoCentrale.htm Brief "About nfoCentrale" Page
index.html placeholder home page from the hosting-service
|Subordinate Structure:|| _private/
construction/ Construction Material
images/ Site-Wide Images
mt-static/ (reserved) Movable Type "Static" Material
status/ nfoCentrale Status (blog)
Document Management Alliance Tech Info Site
dmware/ AIIM DMware Document Management Interoperability Exchange
eoware/ eoWare Development Site
millennia-antica/ Millennia Antica Pottery Site
miser/ Miser Project Information Site
nfoware/ nfoWare Information-Processing Technologies Site
nfoWorks/ nfoWorks Document Interoperability Technology Site
nuovodoc/ NuovoDoc Document System Interoperability consultancy
odma/ ODMA Open Document Management API Interoperability Exchange
orcmid/ Orcmid's Lair
trost/ TROSTing: Open-System Trustworthiness Site
You're at the root of the nfoCentrale web site, the single anchor for the nfoCentrale webs. This top level is referred to as the front porch of the site. Everything else is reachable by entry through the front porch (e.g., by browser navigation or by use of a URL that specifies a path below here).
1. Construction Structure
2. Front-Porch Materials
3. Site Infrastructure
4. Content Sections
5. Anchored Sites
The construction structure is the scaffolding of connected folders that is the framework on which content is developed and maintained. During early development, navigation to content may be primarily via the construction structure. Later, more-polished organizations will be overlaid. The scaffolding never goes away, although it fades into the background.
The root folder carries some individual pages that anchor the construction structure and provide an entrance for navigation into the site over the Internet.
- is the polished, professional-appearance entrance to the site. When present, it is the home page. It has enough provisional content so the site can be found and preliminary materials examined.
- is this construction-structure page. It is also the default home page in the absence of a default page.
- is the Construction Zone at the front porch. It is the top-level construction zone of the entire site. Additional pages may be accessed from that page.
- is a summary of the nature and purpose of nfoCentrale. It serves as a classier "about" page than this index.htm. It may be linked from default.htm.
These folders exist to support the creation and use of site content. They are part of the construction.
- is a reserved folder for working data that is sometimes created by applications of the web site. The common usage is for data captured from forms. This folder and the images/ folder are automatically included in every site that is built using Microsoft FrontPage extensions.
- is a reserved folder for server-side utilities that are operated on behalf of web pages. This folder is restricted to use by the Apache server that implements nfoCentrale.
- is a reserved folder maintained as part of the Movable Type software configuration that manages blog publishing on nfoCentrale sites.
- is the Construction Materials section of the site, providing materials and reference information about the construction of the site. The material is about the plumbing and the "how it's done" of the site. It includes templates that are used in the presentation of content throughout the site. This material is preserved and maintained as part of the site itself.
- is the folder that is used by convention for images that are referred to by pages throughout the site. Not all images are kept in this folder, but those that have general use on content pages are carried here.
Additional folders deliver content that is part of the local sub-structure of nfoCentrale:
- is the folder that houses the nfoCentrale Status blog materials. This blog provides status, development, and background information on behalf of all of nfoCentrale.
There are a number of anchored sites that are hosted in subfolders of the nfoCentrale web site. The anchored sites have their own domain names and construction structure. Entering any of the anchoring subfolders automatically switches to the anchored-site domain and content.
This construction structure page is part of the engineering, construction management, maintenance, and infrastructure for
nfoCentrale. You are welcome to explore this and other construction-information pages. You'll need your hard hat and safety shoes.
You are navigating Construction Structure
created 2006-10-05-21:12 -0700 (pdt) by